Over the weekend, Chris Abramian participated in a local Olympic Weightlifting meet and set multiple personal records. He snatched 180lbs, cleaned 240, and clean & jerked 225! His hard work every morning in the past weeks paid off in a big way and we just wanted to recognize his awesome achievements! He also wrote a beautiful post about what he's learned in his two years at CrossFit 818 (for those of you who don't know, he was our first member!) Here's what Chris wrote several days ago:
Today marks my two year anniversary with CrossFit 818. I just wanted to share a few things I've learned over that time.
1. Workout in the morning, doesn't matter what you have to do that day, if you lift early in the morning, everything else throughout the day is cake.
2. Doesn't matter how daunting a task is, just chip away at it and it will get done.
3. You can never get tired of the song "Sail"
4. PRing is the greatest feeling on this earth.
5. If you are focused on what others are doing, you are not focused on what you should be doing.
6. Being stronger makes everything easier
7. Good coaching is priceless
8. On that note, holy shit coaching is hard.
9. Sometimes you will feel like shit, don't freak out it happens.
10. At one point in life if you truly want to become successful at what you do, you must fully commit. Your goals should be who you are.
Thanks Chris for being an outstanding member and example to all those who came after you!
A. EMOTM for 12 minutes
2 Back Squats (85% of 1RM)
B. AMRAP 8 minutes
Kettlebell Snatch (53/35)
Posted by Zareh.