Working out in a group setting has many positive benefits. However, sometimes those positives can be outweighed (or briefly overshadowed) by someone who isn't following the proper gym etiquette. Proper etiquette on behalf of all members can make a tough workout experience bearable and a relatively easy workout downright fun!
So here are a few things to look out for:
1. Wipe down your equipment after you're done sweating/bleeding/crying on it. Nobody wants to workout with a bar smeared with your tears.
2. Try to control loud noises such as grunting, screaming, yelling. While sometimes a grunt or two may escape your lips during a max effort, nobody wants to workout with a dying moose in the room.
3. Come to the workout prepared. Right shoes, right clothes, right attitude.
4. Take care your personal hygiene. This may seem like an obvious one, but try to wash your gym clothes regularly. Also, the Paleo challenge requires that we eat like cavemen, not smell like them!
5. Put your equipment away. Clean up your toys so others can play, too!
Now let's get out there and kick some butt!
Squat Cleans (135/95)
*perform 25 Abmat Situps after each round
Posted by Zareh.