I found this really great blog on the 5 greatest and worst moments in My CrossFit World. Not only is this a really good exercise to see how much Crossfit impacts your life on a daily basis, It is a great way to track your milestones i.e doing this when you first start Crossfit and revisiting maybe every 6 months and seeing how much it grows and changes.Ultimately leading you to see your fitness journey progress in many ways (sometimes good and bad).I thought I would lead by example and start us off...
So here are my Greatest Moments and some of my Hardest Moments in CrossFit:
Greatest (in no particular order):
1. Walking into CrossFit not being able to do a pullup, and telling the coach "I will never be able to do that" and then not only doing it but being able to eventually do 55 in a row.. Overcoming many movements that were not in my realm of thought that now are in my wods often!
2. Opening my own CrossFit Affiliate in 2009.
3. Getting to take my passion for CF and coach, inspire, empower, and change the lives of people day-in and day-out!
4. Going to regionals in 2009 with the CrossFit Sioux Falls team. It was so great to work so hard for a goal and push yourself to a level you didn't know you could get to.
5. Getting to do this with my Best Friend, My Partner for life, and My Coach each day; My husband! He makes me want to get better in all aspects as a coach, mentor, crossfitter, and leader and I truly thank him each day for introducing me to this wonderful sport of fitness!
Hardest Moments in CrossFit:
1. Saying goodbye to our members in Sioux Falls, closing one chapter and moving on to the next chapter was by far the hardest moment for me!
2. Having a nagging shoulder injury that has really made me have to modify, sub, and has become very frustrating; knowing I can do movements mentally that unfortunately my shoulder can just not take!
3. Having to leave your ego at the door, and be appreciative of the work that you do that day. Strive to improve, but also accepting where you are today!
4. Going from owning a CrossFit to having to work out by yourself each day with no one encouraging you, pushing you, and having only yourself to rely on, with no "community" support.
5. Knowing I have to pull back the reigns on my passion for CrossFit in order to obtain my ultimate passions in life.
So CrossFitters What Are your 5 greatest and hardest moments thus far in your Crossfit journey?
Answer in the comments below....
4 rounds for time of:
100m Farmer's Walk
11 Kettlebell Swings (70/53)
Posted by Annie.